SBS 2011 does contain 32 bit Fax drivers that will work with Windows Vista and Windows 7 clients. You could upgrade the client operating system to Windows Vista or Windows 7 and the Shared Fax will work correctly. If upgrading the client operating system is not possible, you can manually replace the 32 Fax drivers with drivers that will work with Windows XP. You can find appropriate drivers on an SBS 2003 SP2 Server. If an SBS 2003 SP2 server is not available, you can obtain the drivers from Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2.Step 1: Obtain the Appropriate Driver Files
a. SBS 2003 SP2 Server is accessible
The appropriate driver files are located on the SBS 2003 SP2 server in the following directory: c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
You need to copy the following 6 files to a temporary location:
b. SBS 2003 SP2 Server is not accessible
The appropriate driver files can be obtained from the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 media.
1. Download Windows 2003 SP2 from the following link: Windows 2003 SP2 Download
2. Extract the service pack files by running WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU.exe /x when prompted for a directory enter c:\sp2
3. Browse to c:\sp2\i386 and open the file named fxsclnt.cab
4. Extract the following 6 files from the cab:
5. Rename the 6 files as follows:
FXS_FXSAPI.DLL rename to FXSAPI.DLL - 5.2.3790.3959
FXS_FXSDRV.DLL rename to FXSDRV.DLL - 0.3.3790.3959
FXS_FXSRES.DLL rename to FXSRES.DLL - 5.2.3790.3959
FXS_FXSTIFF.DLL rename to FXSTIFF.DLL- 5.2.3790.3959
FXS_FXSUI.DLL rename to FXSUI.DLL - 5.2.3790.3959
FXS_FXSWZRD.DLL rename to FXSWZRD.DLL - 5.2.3790.3959Step 2: Manually Install the Drivers onto the Windows XP Client
6. Copy these 6 files to a temporary location.
1. Stop the Print Spooler service on the Windows XP client
2. Copy the 6 files that you obtained in Step 1 to the following directory on the Windows XP client:
Replace any existing files.
3. Start the Print Spooler service on the Windows XP client
Once the service is started, you should be to fax successfully.
Note: You need to replace the drivers on the client after the Fax printer has been installed. You if delete the faxprinter and reinstall it, you may need to replace the files again.