Consider the following scenario between two on-premises Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 organizations (organization A, and organization B):
- You set up federated delegation, or federated sharing between organization A and organization B.
- You set up Threat Management Gateway, or set up a device that is capable to SSL offloading in front of organization A.
- Sharing free/busy information between two organizations that cannot setup AD trust.
- Sharing a person-to-person calendar over the federated delegation.
- Office 365 coexistence scenarios that depend on federated delegation to provide a cross-premises experience.
- A live@edu user who uses federated delegation to share free/busy information between on-premises servers and datacenters.
To work around this issue, disable SSL offloading on Threat Management Gateway or on the device that is capable to SSL offloading.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about federation, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2533538 - Last Review: Jul 28, 2011 - Revision: 1