- You set up federated delegation, or federated sharing between organization A and organization B.
- You set up Threat Management Gateway, or set up a device that is capable to SSL offloading in front of organization A.
- Sharing free/busy information between two organizations that cannot setup AD trust.
- Sharing a person-to-person calendar over the federated delegation.
- Office 365 coexistence scenarios that depend on federated delegation to provide a cross-premises experience.
- A live@edu user who uses federated delegation to share free/busy information between on-premises servers and datacenters.