- You receive the following message:
- If you're the site collection owner, you receive an email message that contains one of the following messages:
- Your site collection is running low on resources to run custom user solutions. If you run out of resources, custom user solutions may not run until the next day. Please follow the link below to your SharePoint Web site to manage and monitor solution usage.
- Your site collection has run out of resources to run custom user solutions. Custom user solutions will not run until the next day. Please follow the link below to your SharePoint Web site to manage and monitor solution usage.
Buy additional licensesWhen you buy additional licenses, you increase the resource usage quota for your subscription.
Change the resource usage quota for the site collectionTo change the Server Resource Quota for the site collection, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal.
- In the Admin drop-down list, click SharePoint.
- In the list of site collections, click to select the check box that's next to the site collection whose resource usage quota you want to change.
- On the ribbon, click Server Resource Quota in the Manage group.
- In the set server resource quota dialog box, type the value in megabytes (MB) that you want for the resource usage quota in the resources box, and then click Save.
- The changes to the site collection may take some time to be completed. A green spinning wheel is displayed to the right of the site collection in the list to indicate that the operation is still in progress. You can tell that the operation is complete when the wheel is no longer displayed.
The cumulative resource usage quota for a SharePoint Online site collection is reset to zero at the end of the day (24-hour period). For example, assume that the resource usage quota of a site collection is set to 300. If the specified quota is exceeded during a 24-hour period, the accumulated resource usage quota that's used is reset to zero at the beginning of the next day, and you can run sandboxed solutions on the site collection.
Article ID: 2536051 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1