When you click a link in Windows Internet Explorer 8 to open a new window or a new tab, nothing happens.
This problem occurs because the following registry key is corrupted:
To fix this problem automatically, follow these steps:
- Click the Fix it button or link.
- Click Run in the File Download dialog box.
- Follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or to a CD and then run the solution on the computer that has the problem.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, leave a comment on the "Fix it for me " blog, or send us an email message.
Article ID: 2539060 - Last Review: May 26, 2014 - Revision: 1
Windows Internet Explorer 8