This cumulative update is a rollup of fixes for System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1. It supersedes SP1 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and contains a superset of the fixes that are provided in SP1 CU1. It can be applied to SP1 CU1 or directly to a Service Manager 2010 SP1 installation.
Included in this update are fixes for the following issues:
- Exception when you move between views in the UI
- Console stability fix while you switch between views
- Knowledge search performance improvements
- Console performance improvements
- Improvements to grooming
- A fix to the notifications infrastructure
- Added ability to see affected incidents in portal
- Active Directory Connector improvements
- Extending a large-volume class causes the Service Manager console to stop responding indefinitely
- Adding a 25th child item on a list results in an error
- Fact tables that are based on relationships with properties lose data after the relationship is deleted
Cumulative update information
Download informationCumulative Update 2 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 is available for download from the Microsoft Download website:
Download the Cumulative Update 2 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
System requirementsYou must have System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed to install this cumulative update.
Replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
Components that this cumulative update appliesThis cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
- Service Manager Console
How to install this cumulative updateImportant Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the ServiceManager database, the DWDataMart database, the DWRepository database, and the DWStagingAndConfig database.
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
Note This cumulative update contains both the x86 version and the x64 version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the SCSM2010SP1_CU_KB2542118_i386_7.0.6555.115_EN.exe file or the SCSM2010SP1_CU_KB2542118_AMD64_7.0.6555.115_EN.exe file, and then click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, you have to manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is completed.
- Increase the management pack version.
- Reseal the management pack.
- Reimport the management pack.
The MPSyncJob job then automatically syncs the reimported management pack to the data warehouse on the next synchronization, and the affected transform procedures are updated.
On a computer that has the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the cumulative update download page, download the following file to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed: KB2542118_MPLibraryUpdate_AuthoringTool.exe
- Double-click the .exe file, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Locate the following folder:%SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2542118\AuthoringToolMPUpdateNote This is where the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the following folder, replacing the existing files:Authoring Tool installation drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- The following item is listed:Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager (KB2542118)Notes
- If the system is running SM Server, Self-Service Portal, or Service Manager Console, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse.
Method 2View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of the cumulative update. To do this, examine the log files in the %temp% folder.
On a x86-based system, verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
File informationThis cumulative update installs the following version of the files.
|File name||Version||Applies to|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Authoring.dll||7.0.6555.115||Console, SM Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessLayer.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessService.Core.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.AD.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.ConfigurationManagement.Forms.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ConsoleFramework.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Controls.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ExtendedControls.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Foundation.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfViews.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.Mom.ImplicitUserRoleAdministratorDataSourceModule.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.Mom.Sdk.Authorization.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, DW Server|
- Open the Service Manager Console.
- Click Library, and then click Lists.
- Select any Lists properties, click Add Item, and then click OK.
- Locate the following:%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010\SMServerName\ 7.0.6555.101Note The placeholder SMServerName represents the name of the Service Manager Server to which the Console is connected.
|Management pack name||Management pack version|
|Service Manager Library Management Pack||7.0.6555.115|
|Service Manager Configuration Management Library||7.0.6555.115|
Article ID: 2542118 - Last Review: May 19, 2011 - Revision: 1