- The creation process results in a 'Page cannot be displayed' message.
- The web application is only provisioned on the Central Administration server.
As a result, the w3wp process is killed and the provisioning process is stopped prior to the timer jobs being created.
- On the server(s) hosting Central Admin, open IIS manager.
- In the tree view, expand the server name and click on Application Pools.
- Locate the SharePoint Central Administration v4 application pool. Right click on it and choose Advanced Settings.
- In the Process Model section, set the Shutdown Time Limit to a greater value. As an example, 300.
- Restart IIS.
Article ID: 2543306 - Last Review: Oct 16, 2012 - Revision: 1