- Set up a background page.
- Create a page number shape.
- Generate the automatic numbering on the foreground page.
Setting Up the Background Page
- Start a new drawing file, point to Drawing Page on the Edit menu, and then click Properties.
- In the Type section of the Page Properties dialog box, click Background to make this a background page, and then click OK.
Creating the Page Number Shape
- Select the text tool, and then click on the background page where you want to place the page number.
- While the text block is selected, click Field on the Insert menu.
- In the Field dialog box, click Page Info in the Category section. This will make the Page Number field available in the Field category. Click to select it. Note that General is the only format available. Click OK. Note that the page number "0" (zero) appears on the background page.
Generating the Automatic Numbering on Foreground Pages
- On the Insert menu, click Page to add a new page, and then in the Page Properties dialog box, select Foreground for Type to make the new page a foreground page.
- In the Background section, select the background page that you created when you set up the background page. If this is a new drawing file, it should be the only background available.
- Click OK. The new page appears with the page number 1 in the same position that you placed it on the background page.
Article ID: 254629 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1