- Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Click to expand Ports, right-click Printer Port (LPT1), and then click Properties.
Note If have more than one printer port installed on your computer, click LPT2 or LPT3.
- Click the Port Settings tab, click Enable legacy Plug and Play detection, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
Note The Legacy Plug and Play detection check box is not selected by default. If you receive an error message that Setup did not finish when you try to install a Zip drive, view the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note When Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2003 is released, some more Parallel Port devices will require that you enable of Plug and Play detection before you can install them successfully. Specifically, you will have to enable Plug and Play detection before you install any Iomega Zip drives.