- You are in a network environment.
- You have a DNS server (server A) that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 and that hosts a DNS zone.
- You enable Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) forward lookup on the DNS zone on server A.
- You have another DNS server (server B) that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 and that has a forwarder to server A.
- You send a query to the forwarding DNS server (server B).
- The query is forwarded to server A, and then is resolved by using WINS forward lookup successfully.
- You wait for the Time to Live (TTL) value to expire and then send the same query to server B again.
Note The default TTL expiration value is 15 minutes.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2550719 - Last Review: May 31, 2013 - Revision: 1