This article describes the Microsoft Lync 2010 issues that are fixed in the update for Lync 2010 that is dated May 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update。
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2551849 Lync 2010 still polls for the conversation history of a non-listed contact
- 2551847 Lync 2010 still polls for the voice mail of a non-listed contact
- 2551846 An update is available that adds npMeetingJoinPluginOC.dll and MeetingJoinAxOC.dll files to Lync 2010
- 2551848 The Office Communicator Object Model API requires calling additional subscription to stop polling subscriptions in a Lync 2010 environment
This update package also fixes the issues that are previously documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2543532 Credential prompts occur when you sign in to Lync 2010 by using the Lync Online service
- 2543531 Lync 2010 does not authenticate after you resume the computer from hibernation
- 2517766 A warning message is cut off in a localized version of Lync 2010
- 2517757 The “Start Recording” command is still available after you transfer audio to a PSTN telephone during a conference call in Lync 2010
- 2517754 The Outlook.exe process is still running after you close Outlook on a computer that has Lync 2010 installed and that is running Windows Vista
- 2517747 The Lync 2010 Recording Player window displays incorrect localized language in Lync 2010
- 2517739 A short audio delay occurs after a RGS agent accepts a call in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2517736 You take over a presentation when you double-click the “Return to Presenter’s View” button in Lync 2010
- 2517735 "Your online meeting invitation needs to be updated due to changed server policies." message on a computer that has Lync 2010 installed
- 2517721 Lync 2010 cannot publish the "Presence" calendar data of a user
- 2517691 A user cannot retrieve a parked call from a paired Lync 2010 client when the orbit number contains "#" or "*"
- 2517673 Texts in an office application are cut off or the office application does not respond when you copy the texts from a Lync 2010 instant message input window
- 2503538 Lync 2010 prompts you for credentials when it is retrieving availability data through Exchange Web Services
- 2500416 The AVModalityPropertyChanged event is not triggered in Lync 2010 SDK
- 2499613 A Lync 2010 client crashes with an access violation when you click the "A" icon of an emoticon in a conversation
- 2498410 A user name is still in Lync 2010 after you remove the user account in AD
- 2497779 "Connection is not established" error message in a Lync 2010 client when an attendee is disconnected from an application-sharing session in a large conference
- 2464823 The Lync 2010 client crashes during a conference video call that includes ACP users
- 2464810 A credential dialog box appears or an error message is received when you log on to Lync Online
- 2464811 The icon of the speakerphone in Lync 2010 is not generic
- 2464817 You have to press the TAB key two times to select the “Save my password” check box after you type your password in the Lync 2010 logon screen
- 2464828 The “Learn More” link does not indicate as a selection when you press the TAB key to select it in the “Edit Location” dialog box in Lync 2010
- 2464840 You are directed to the MSN website when you try to download software that is required to log on to Lync online by using Lync 2010
- 2464841 Lync 2010 does not populate your location information automatically
- 2464842 “Cannot sign in to Lync because this sign-in address was not found” error message during the Lync 2010 logon process when the default user is Lync-disabled
- 2464845 A Silverlight application for Lync 2010 does not start from a URL address that does not contain the page name
- 2464850 The conference disclaimer is missing from the “Disclaimer” window when you try to join a Lync 2010 conference by using an Office Communicator Object Model
- 2464872 Certain text in an invitation email message for an online meeting are displayed incorrectly when you create the invitation email message by using a Hindi or a Kazakh version of Lync 2010
- 2464873 Your audio and video is enabled automatically when you click “Retry” to rejoin a Lync 2010 Audio/Video conference
- 2464874 A Lync Online disabled user is not handled correctly during the logon process in Lync 2010
- 2483227 Your Live Meeting Service presenter password is included in the INVITE message when you start a meeting by using Live Meeting Service in Lync 2010
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Lync.msp x86 package now.
Download the Lync.msp X64 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer if certain dependencies in Microsoft Lync 2010 are still running when the update is applied. For example, if you have Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Lync 2010 running when the update is applied, you have to restart the computer.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following previously released cumulative update:
2540951 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: April 2011
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes in the registry to apply this update.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
For Lync 2010 x86-edtion:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
For Lync 2010 x64-edition
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2551268 - Last Review: Sep 4, 2013 - Revision: 1