You receive a message to upgrade the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector. You click to install the upgrade and you see this error:
This service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. To continue accessing your email through Microsoft Outlook you must upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Connector.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Close Outlook.
- Click Start.
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run. In Windows XP, click Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Select Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, and then click Uninstall.
- Download and install the Outlook Hotmail Connector appropriate for your version of Outlook:
- For the 32-bit version of Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9662d20-ad27-45a6-9184-f906dd63ddaa
- For the 64-bit version of Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd0bcb57-d408-4d4a-8f1e-d737d8c27098
- After you download and install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, go back to Programs and Features (in Windows 7 or Windows Vista) or Add or Remove Programs (in Windows XP) in the Control Panel. Locate Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and check the version number. It should display 14.0.5139.5001 under the version column.
Article ID: 2551560 - Last Review: May 13, 2011 - Revision: 1