Consider the following scenario:
- You create a site in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You extend the site to an extranet environment by setting Alternate Access Mappings (AAM).
- You access the extranet site, and then you perform a search on the site.
- You click the Alert Me link on the Search Results page.
- You click OK to create the alert warning.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2551695 - Last Review: Aug 15, 2011 - Revision: 1