Consider the following scenario:
- You have a webpage that contains a table.
- The table has several columns, and the columns contain different colspan attributes.
- The colspan attributes contain tables that have the "table-layout: fixed" style attribute.
- You use Windows Internet Explorer 8 or Windows Internet Explorer 9 to open the webpage.
- This issue occurs when you use Internet Explorer 8 Quirks mode and Internet Explorer 9 Standards mode.
- The issue does not occur when you use Internet Explorer 8 Standards mode.
Security update informationTo resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
Note This update was first included in security update 2530548 (MS11-050). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2530548 MS11-050: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: June 14, 2011
Article ID: 2554771 - Last Review: Jun 24, 2011 - Revision: 1