- When viewing Local Area Connection / Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties dialog, the "Default gateway" entry will be blank, though the previously entered IP address and Subnet mask will display correctly.
- If ipconfig.exe is run from a command prompt, the Local Area Connection "Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address" will begin with "169.254...."
This problem does not occur if the computer receives an address from a DHCP server.
- Open the Local Area Connection / Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialog, and select "Obtain an IP address automatically", and choose OK. From the Local Area Connection Properties dialog, choose OK
- Reenter the Local Area Connection / Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialog, and select "Use the following IP address"
- Perform the first two steps AGAIN, even though the IP address appears to be displaying properly.
- Open a command prompt under the administrator context and run the following command TWICE, using the desired static address information. For example:
Article ID: 2555789 - Last Review: Oct 19, 2011 - Revision: 1