Note This issue affects only applications that run in Windows Vista and higher version because this new IOCP flag (FILE_SKIP_COMPLETION_PORT_ON_SUCCESS) was added in Vista.
- do not specify the FILE_SKIP_COMPLETION_PORT_ON_SUCCESS flag
- Remove any installed non-IFS Winsock LSPs.
- Move from a non-IFS LSP to Windows Filter Platform (WFP).
- The Service Flags value was introduced in the netsh command in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Therefore,using the netsh command to check this value doesn't work in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- The WSCEnumerateProtocols function can be used to retrieve WSAPROTOCOL_INFOW structures and the dwServiceFlag1 member to discover whether IFS/non-IFS BSPs or LSPs are installed. The WSCEnumerateProtocols function is supported in Windows 2000 and higher versions.
Article ID: 2568167 - Last Review: Dec 4, 2013 - Revision: 1