- You have a send pipeline that uses the MIME/SMIME encoder pipeline component in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 or in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009. You set the signature type of the MIME/SMIME encoder pipeline component to ClearSign.
- You create a BizTalk orchestration that runs the send pipeline to sign outgoing messages.
For example, you use an expression to call the send pipeline of a message assignment shape in the orchestration. For more information, see to the "More Information" section.
- You install Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Or, you upgrade to Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010.
- You run the BizTalk orchestration.
Note BizTalk Server 2006 R2 SP1 and BizTalk Server 2010 introduce a new feature that lets you use multiple certificates for signing.
Cumulative update package informationFor more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note If you encounter this issue in BizTalk Server 2006 R2 SP1, you can follow the steps in the "Workaround" section to work around this issue.
- Use the following namespace to deploy a property schema:http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/system-properties.BTS.OutboundSignatureCertificate
- Set the BTS.OutboundSignatureCertificate property that uses the certificate thumbprint value in orchestration code before you run the send pipeline.
For more information about how to use expressions to run pipelines, visit the following MSDN website:
For information about service packs and cumulative update packages for BizTalk Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2570450 - Last Review: Aug 31, 2011 - Revision: 1