Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2571528 You cannot receive a chat room invitation in a Lync 2010, Group Chat client
- 2499606 You cannot disable emoticons in chat rooms that are hosted on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2501069 The message time is incorrect in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client when a time skew exists between Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server and the Group Chat database
- 2501085 The messages time in a Group Chat client is still incorrect even if you correct the time on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2517722 Event ID 5377 is logged on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2517742 A principal is synchronized multiple times between a Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server and AD DS
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: July 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following previously released update:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information Install this update to Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_groupchatconsole.adm||Not Applicable||8,599||29-Mar-2011||16:40||Not Applicable|
Article ID: 2571550 - Last Review: Sep 4, 2013 - Revision: 1