- You have a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 server that has the Mailbox role installed.
- You configure the regional language settings of Exchange server to a language other than English.
- Certain characters in the language have different uppercase and lowercase versions. For example, the lowercase character of "I" in Turkish is not "i", but a dot-less "ı".
- You apply retention policies to mailboxes.
In this scenario, the retention policies are also applied to Contact items of the mailboxes unexpectedly.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type intl.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK to start Region and Language.
- On the Formats tab, select English (United States) in the Format list.
- On the Administrative tab, click Change system locale.
- Click English (United States) in the Current system locale list, and then click OK.
- Click OK in the Region and Language dialog box.
- Restart the server.