Issues that are resolved in this service pack
- Fixed several issues improving product stability.
- Fixed items and visuals in the Insert Symbol dialog.
- The CSS property "overflow: hidden" now behaves correctly on the design surface.
- Improved handling of the HTML "name" attribute.
- Added a notification error in Snapshot panel.
- Fixed online help links in several places.
- Fixed an issue with Copy/Paste in the Folder List panel.
- Fixed an issue in which CSS media queries were removed by the "Reformat HTML" command.
- Fixed several issues that affected the formatting of special characters and symbols.
- Src and link handling now allows protocol-relative URLs.
- Fixed an issue in which deleting a table row or column through the context menu caused unexpected behavior.
- The Hyperlink dialog now properly handles links that are already URL-encoded.
- The CSS property "pre-wrap" now behaves correctly on the design surface.
- Fixed ALT+F1 shortcut for the Folder List panel.
IntelliSense has been added for jQuery. In addition to the jQuery functions themselves, this provide IntelliSense for ids and classes in your document when creating jQuery selectors. It also includes the ability to continuously chain jQuery function calls and obtain IntelliSense.
New Snippets Panel and improved Snippets behavior.
Snippets now appear in their own panel. This panel provides all the previous functionality of the snippets feature, including keyboard accessibility from Code View with CTRL+ENTER. Snippets previously created by the user will be automatically migrated to the new snippet format and appear in the Snippets panel.
In addition, the Snippets panel provides the following improvements:
- Ability to create folders to categorize your snippets.
- Ability to create wrap snippets—with before and after sections—that you can use to surround text you select in Code view.
- Includes a large number of new sample snippets across several categories.
- Ability to quickly search the Snippets panel to find snippets by name, description, and the code of the snippet itself.
Image Thumbnails in the Folder List Panel
Interactive Snapshot Panel
Customers can now define and save multiple layouts of their application and panels. Several starter workspace layouts are provided. In addition you can create your own panel layouts and save them to custom workspaces of your choosing.
The popular Custom Toolbars Add-in has been directly built into the application, enabling you to create and name multiple custom toolbars and to add items of your choosing to each of them.
Look and feel improvements to the Code View
Code now uses the popular Consolas font by default. Color and syntax highlighting in Code view have also been improved.
How to Obtain and Install Expression Web 4 SP2
Expression Web 4 SP2 is available from the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack from the Microsoft Download Center, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to Determine if Expression Web 4 SP2 is Installed
In Expression Web 4, click About Microsoft Expression Web. If Expression Web 4 SP2 is installed, the following version number appears:
Microsoft Expression Web 4 Version 4.0.1303.0