Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2517760 Changing the date format is not saved for certain languages in Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2578806 A telephone does not correctly obtain a VLAN ID when the VLAN ID is higher than 512 in Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2578807 The LIS information might be lost when you use a telephone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2513704 The 24-hour clock time format changes after you change the language on a telephone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2517606 Improvements for Common Area Phones in Lync 2010 Phone Edition when a Common Area Phone does not have a headset
- 2517622 Describes the updated prompt messages for Lync 2010 Phone Edition that has a TTY device
- 2517681 A telephone unexpectedly locks after you set the "EnforcePhoneLock" option to "False" in Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2517720 The icon text in the "In Call" screen overlaps when you join a meeting by using a telephone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2517728 "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable because you signed in directly on the phone." error message on a telephone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
- 2464813 A flickering line is displayed at the bottom of the telephone screen when your telephone is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition for Polycom
- 2464814 The right side the "午" character displayed on the home screen is cut off on an Aries desk phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition in Traditional Chinese
- 2464816 The Frequent Contacts page title is cut off on an Aries desk phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition in Simplified Chinese
- 2464824 An Aries desk phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition may not start and the image update process may fail
- 2464847 The bottom of the “g” letter is cut off in the “Unlock” screen on an Aries desk phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition in Norwegian
- 2478045 The "Call Ended At" field is empty in the "Malicious Call Reporting" page on an Aries desk phone that is running Lync 2010 Phone Edition
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the UCUpdates.exe package now.
Release Date: July 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis update package contains an image that can be used to update the following devices that run Lync 2010 Phone Edition:
- Polycom CX700
- LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540
Article ID: 2577593 - Last Review: Jul 26, 2011 - Revision: 1