Consider the following scenario:
- You create a web publishing rule by using the New Web Publishing Rule Wizard.
- In the Authentication Settings options, you set the following settings:
- HTML Form Authentication
- LDAP (Active Directory)
- In the LDAP Servers options, you add the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of a global catalog server. Then, you leave the Type the Active Directory domain name (use the fully-qualified domain name) setting blank.
- In the Authentication Delegation option, you select Basic authentication.
- When you access the web server that TMG published, you provide the user name without the domain prefix, and you provide the password.
You could not be logged on to Forefront TMG. Make sure that your domain name, user name, and password are correct, and then try again.
To resolve this problem, install the service pack that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2555840 Description of Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2579940 - Last Review: Oct 17, 2011 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1