- The New Migration Batch Wizard in the Exchange admin center of Office 365
- The E-mail Migration wizard in the Exchange admin center of Office 365
- Exchange Online PowerShell
FailureSide : Target
Message : Error: This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of large items that were specified for this request. --> MapiExceptionMaxSubmissionExceeded: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed (hr=0x80004005, ec=1242)
- Access the user's on-premises mailbox by using Microsoft Outlook.
- Arrange all items in all folders of the user's mailbox by size. Sort the items from largest to smallest so that the largest items are at the top of the list.
- Locate the items that are larger than 150 MB. If these items contain important info, save them to another location such as the local computer or a local Personal Folders file (.pst). Then, delete the items that are larger than 150 MB from the user's mailbox.
- Return to the Exchange admin center, and then resume the migration.
- After the migration is complete, the data can be re-imported to the Exchange Online mailbox.
- Outlook 2013: Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Outlook 2010: Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Outlook 2007: Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Outlook 2011 for Mac: Import information into Outlook
If you experience issues when you move mailboxes to Exchange Online in Office 365, you can run the Troubleshoot Office 365 Mailbox Migration tool. This diagnostic is an automated troubleshooting tool. If you're experiencing a known issue, you receive a message that states what went wrong. The message includes a link to an article that contains the solution. Currently, the tool is supported only in Internet Explorer.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.
Article ID: 2584294 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1