- You create a source cube in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service 2008 R2 (SSAS 2008 R2) or in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service 2012 (SSAS 2012).
- You create a linked cube on a linked server. The linked cube is linked to the source cube.
- The linked server and linked cube meet the following conditions:
- The linked server has a many-to-many dimension that contains no ALL member.
- The dimension in the source cube is also a many-to-many dimension.
- The linked cube contains a distinct count measure group.
- You add a reference dimension to the measure group.
- You run a complex Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) query against the linked cube.