Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a delegate for a resource mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You enable the Resource Booking Attendant on the resource mailbox.
- You configure the automated booking policies for the resource mailbox, so that the parameters for the calendar attendant configuration are set to the following:
- AllRequestOutOfPolicy : True
- AllBookInPolicy : False
- AllRequestInPolicy : True
For example, you configure the following automated booking policies for the resource mailbox properties in Exchange Management Console:
- On the Resource General tab, you select the Enable the Resource Booking Attendant check box.
- On the Resource Policy tab, you add a delegate for the mailbox, and then you select the Forward meeting requests to delegates check box.
- On the Resource Out-of-Policy Requests tab, you select the All users option.
- On the Resource In-Policy Requests tab, you add recipients who can submit in-policy meeting requests that will be automatically approved. Then, you select the All users option so that all users can submit in-policy meeting requests that require approval by a resource mailbox delegate.
Or, you run the following cmdlet to set the calendar attendant configuration:
Set-CalendarProcessing -ResourceDelegates 'domain/OU/delegate_user' -AllBookInPolicy $false -AllRequestInPolicy $true -BookInPolicy 'domain/OU/user_who_is_allowed_to_book' -AllRequestOutOfPolicy $true -Identity 'domain/OU/room_resource'
Note To check the calendar attendant configuration, run the Get-CalendarProcessing –Identity Resource Mailbox |fl cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell.
- A user sends a meeting request to book the resource mailbox.
This issue occurs because the calendar attendant incorrectly processes the booking policies.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to set a delegate on a resource mailbox, go to the following Microsoft website:Get-CalendarProcessing cmdelt, go to the following Microsoft website:Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website: