Note This issue occurs when you use the Send as Attachment command in the Office 2010 application before Outlook 2010 is running.
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfPlease follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type EmbeddedBootCreatePrimaryNamespace, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click EmbeddedBootCreatePrimaryNamespace, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.