Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a custom content type that contains FormUrls nodes.
- You configure the customer content type as the default customer content type for a document library in a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 site.
- You upload 10 or more Microsoft Office Word 2003 documents to the document library.
- You manually add a column to the custom content type.
- You use Word 2007 to open all the uploaded Word 2003 documents.
- Assume that you use Office 2010 to create an Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected document. When you try to use the 2007 Office system to open the IRM-protected document, you experience one of the following issues:
- You cannot open the IRM-protected document and the 2007 Office system tries to connect the Rights Management Services (RMS) server if your computer is offline.
- A new end-user license is required to open the IRM-protected document if your computer is online.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 installed to apply this hotfix package. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes to the registry after you install this hotfix.
File informationThis hotfix package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Article ID: 2596676 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2