System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found. Start, run \\Server\share
For example, this problem may occur if you use the net view command or the net use command.
- Log on to the computer by using administrative credentials.
- Double-click My Computer, double-click Control Panel, and then double-click Network and Dial-Up Connections.
- Double-click the network connection you want to modify, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab in the Components checked are used by this connection area, locate File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. If it is not listed, install it by clicking the Install button and then double-clicking Service.
- Make sure that the check box next to File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is selected. This setting makes shared resources available on the network.
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: