- You configure a merge replication in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- The publication contains at least one table article.
- The table article contains one or more DateTime2 columns.
- You configure the article to use a custom businesslogic handler.
- The businesslogic handler handles events that occur during merge replication synchronization.
- The businesslogic handler uses a custom dataset to return the data.
- The business logic handler resolves a conflict.
Error converting data type varchar to datetime2. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 8114)
The Merge Agent encountered an error when executing code in the 'UpdateConflictsHandler' method implemented in the business logic handler 'C:\Resolver\BusinessLogicHandler_Sample.dll'. Ensure that the overridden 'UpdateConflictsHandler' method has been properly implemented in the business logic handler. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147199411)
Note The SQL Server merge agent is written in unmanaged code. The business logic for the Microsoft .NET assembly is written in managed code.
2 0 1 5 - 1 2 - 3 1 1 2 : 3 4 : 5 6 . 7 8 9 0 0 0 0
This issue occurs if the data is not changed in custom code that resembles the following code sample.
public override ActionOnUpdateConflict UpdateConflictsHandler(..., ref customDataSet, ...)
customDataSet = publisherDataSet.Copy();
conflictLogType = ConflictLogType.ConflictLogPublisher;
Article ID: 2599822 - Last Review: May 29, 2012 - Revision: 1