To resolve this issue:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate and click the following key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlersThere may be several keys under the PropertySheetHandlers key. The two standard keys are DeskHtmlExt and PlusPack CPL Extension. There may be a third or fourth entry with the name of the video adapter.
- For each key other than the two standard keys, follow these steps:
- Click the registry key, and then click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
- Type a name that will help you remember the name of the key, and then click Save.
- Delete the key by pressing DELETE.
- Repeat steps A through C for each key other than the two standard keys.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Reboot your computer.
Article ID: 260703 - Last Review: Jan 27, 2007 - Revision: 1