Consider the following scenario:
- User A logs on a computer as the local administrator.
- User A installs the Microsoft Lync 2010 client and the Lync 2010 Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) by using one of the following two methods:
- User A extracts the Windows Installer (.msi) file from the executable (.exe) installation file, and then install the .msi file by using the Msiexec.exe tool.
- User A runs the.exe installation file.
- User A configures the Lync 2010 client to start automatically when the computer starts, and then User A logs off.
- User B is not the local administrator of the computer. The user logs on the computer and then the Lync 2010 client starts automatically.
- User B changes the Lync 2010 client language in the General tab and then exits.
- User B restarts the Lync 2010 client from the Start menu.
This issue occurs because the Lync 2010 client starts repair mode after a different user sign in to the client. The repair mode resets the Lync 2010 client language to English.
For more information about the command-line options of the msiexec tool, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2607289 - Last Review: Nov 19, 2011 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Lync 2010