Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS 2008) project in Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008 (BIDS 2008).
- You have a Balanced Data Distributor (BDD) transformation that is connected to a source and to some downstream components. For example, the BDD transformation is connected to the Lookups and Derived columns.
- You use the BDD transformation to design a Data Flow task in the SSIS 2008 project.
- You try to remove the BDD transformation.
This issue occurs because of a Design-Time issue in the BDD components. This issue occurs only when you use the Business Intelligence Development Studio IDE to process the BDD transformation.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have SSIS 2008 installed.
Installation informationTo install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Close all instances of BIDS 2008.
- Uninstall the x86-based and x64-based versions of the Balanced Data Distributor components.
- Install the Balanced BalancedDataDistributor-x86.msi package.
Note If you have the x64-based version of Balanced Data Distributor installed on your computer, you can also install the Balanced BalancedDataDistributor-x64.msi package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2616527 - Last Review: Nov 29, 2011 - Revision: 1
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services