NOTE: The recipient must also have an e-mail program that is capable of reading MHTML-formatted mail to play the sound or a plug-in for the sound format that you choose.
The following table lists the file formats that Outlook Express supports for background sound.
|File Type||File Extention|
|Audio files||.wav, .snd, .au, .aif, .aifc, .aiff|
|MIDI files||.mid, .rmi|
|Real Media files||.ra, .rm, .ram, .rmm|
To create an e-mail message that contains background sound:
- Create or choose a sound file, and then note the file's location.
- Start Outlook Express, point to New on the File menu, and then click Mail Message.
- On the Format menu, click Rich Text (HTML).
NOTE: You cannot use the plain text format to run background sound.
- On the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Sound.
- Click Browse, and then locate your sound file.
- In the Files of type box, click the file type for your sound file.
- Click your file, and then click Open.
- In the Repeat Settings box, click the number of times that you want the sound to play, and then click OK.
Your sound is played in the e-mail message. You can return to the Background Sound dialog box if you want to change the file or settings before you send the e-mail message.
- Address your e-mail message, and then click Send.
Article ID: 261720 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1