When you click the balloon, you see that the USB Hub device driver software installation failed together with the following message:
For more information about KB2528984, click the following number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note You do not have to uninstall the older version of this hotfix before you reinstall the hotfix.
To check the file versions of the USB drivers that are installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the %WINDIR%\System32\Drivers folder.
- Right-click Usbehci.sys, and then click Properties.
- Click the Details tab, and then check the value of the File version property.
- You can determine whether you have the earlier version of the hotfix installed if the File version value matches one of the following values:
- Repeat step 1 through step 4 for Usbhub.sys and for Usbport.sys.