- Sync partnerships are not setup for redirected folders
- When right-clicking a file the "Always available offline" menu item is not present
- The details pane of Explorer does not give "Offline availability" or "Offline Status" information
- User is able to access files when connected over VPN or Direct Access but performance is slow because the network location is not transitioning offline due to the slow link
- Open Control Panel through the Start Menu
- In the Search box type in "Manage offline files"
- Click the Sync Center Manage Offline Files icon
- Click the "Enable offline Files" button and provice administrator crednetials if prompted
- Click OK
- Restart the computer as prompted
If folder redirection is being used through a domain policy, you would need to logon as the user and run "gpupdate /target:user /force" and logoff and back on again for the folders to be automatically made available offline.
If there are multiple machines in the environment that might fall into this category, it is possible to enable Offline Files through a domain policy. It woudl still require a reboot to take effect and running the gpupdate command to automatically cache the redirected folders. That would be by setting the following policy:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files
Article ID: 2619778 - Last Review: Nov 15, 2011 - Revision: 1