In Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated, a user cannot access a mailbox by using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
This issue occurs if a user does not have the required permissions to access the mailbox through OWA.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the user has Internet access. To do this, have the user visit www.microsoft.com to determine whether the webpage resolves correctly.
- Verify that the logon page for OWA is displayed correctly, and make sure that the user uses the correct URL for OWA.
- Review the user's mailbox properties to verify that the user's account is enabled for OWA. To do this, run the following Windows PowerShell cmdlet: Get-CASmailbox email@example.com | fl OWAEnabledNote The OWAEnabled option should be set to True if the user's account is enabled for OWA.
- Review the user's properties to verify that the user's account is configured to use the correct protocol settings. To do this, run the following Windows PowerShell cmdlet: Get-Mailbox | fl LinkedMasterAccount,ProtocolSettingsNote The LinkedMasterAccount attribute should be the user's domain\user_name logon. The ProtocolSettings attribute should contain "HTTP§1§1§§§§§§, OWA§1" to allow access to OWA. If the ProtocolSettings attribute starts with a zero (0), the protocol is disabled.
- If the ProtocolSettings attribute does not contain the "HTTP§1§1§§§§§§, OWA§1" text, reset the protocol settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Run the Set-CASmailbox firstname.lastname@example.org -owaenabled $false cmdlet.
- Run the Set-CASmailbox email@example.com -owaenabled $True cmdlet.
- Check the protocol settings. To do this, run the following Windows PowerShell cmdlet:Get-Mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org | fl ProtocolSettings
Article ID: 2620052 - Last Review: Mar 5, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal, Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Exchange Online Dedicated, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise