- When a user creates a chat room in a Group Chat client, the Same as category category name option is disabled in the Initial Membership List page of the Create a Chat Room wizard.
- Assume that a user right-clicks the chat room, and then clicks Manage…. If the Create a new membership list option that is located under the Settings tab is selected, it cannot be deselected.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
After the update is applied, to have us enable the policy for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the policy yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the policy automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- Install the cumulative update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2636065 before you run this Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfAfter the update is applied, follow these steps to enable the policy:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Right-click DisableCategoryBasedMembershipPrototyping, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.