- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this update fixesThis update fixes the following issue:
- 2578808 The ABSConfig tool does not function correctly when you use the tool to customize the Address Book Service configuration or restore default attributes in Lync Server 2010
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this update, install the KB2500444-amd64-OCSCore.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Director
- Lync Server 2010 – Edge Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Standalone Mediation Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Monitoring Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Archiving Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Administration Tools
- Lync Server 2010 – Survivable Branch Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Trusted application servers
- In a Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition environment, run the cmdlet on the Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition server.
- In a Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition environment in which the archiving or monitoring services are collocated with an Enterprise Edition back-end server, run the cmdlet from the Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition back-end server.
- In a Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition environment in which the archiving or monitoring services are not collocated with an Enterprise Edition Back-end server, run the cmdlet from the Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition back-end server.
Removal informationTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, you are prompted for the source CD when you try to uninstall the update. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,519||21-Jul-2011||17:32||Not Applicable|
|Dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,283,510||06-Oct-2011||23:23||Not Applicable|
|Dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,344||06-Oct-2011||23:23||Not Applicable|
|File_default.tmx||Not Applicable||19,716,088||07-Oct-2011||00:36||Not Applicable|
|File_localocscmdlets.format.ps1xml||Not Applicable||211,602||21-Jul-2011||19:52||Not Applicable|
|File_ocstypes.ps1xml||Not Applicable||475,876||21-Jul-2011||19:52||Not Applicable|
|File_remoteocscmdlets.format.ps1xml||Not Applicable||214,339||21-Jul-2011||20:13||Not Applicable|