- You create a merge replication publisher in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or in Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- An article on the publisher refers to a table.
- The table's schema name is not [dbo].
- The table contains a foreign key that has the ON DELETE CASCADE option enabled.
- You try to delete some records from the table on the publisher.
In this scenario, you might receive the following error message:
Invalid object name 'Child.MSmerge_<publishing database name>_<table name>_PARTITION_VIEW'.
Note This issue also occurs in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2012. For more information about this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 4 for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 4. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Do not enable the ON DELETE CASCADE option for the foreign key.
- Set the @use_partition_groups argument of the sp_addmergepublication procedure to false.
- Use [dbo] as the schema name of the table.
Article ID: 2622668 - Last Review: Apr 12, 2012 - Revision: 1