Update Rollup 1.1 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 resolves issues that were found in MultiPoint Server 2011 after the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all MultiPoint Server 2011 customers.
Known issues fixed by this update rollupThe following articles document the issues that are fixed in the Update Rollup 1.1 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011:
New for Update Rollup 1.1
- 2633829 : Windows Media Player displays a black screen in Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
Previously released updates that are included in Update Rollup 1.1
- 2569537 : An external USB storage device may be assigned a different drive letter when you restart a computer that is running Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2564508 : A new user session on a station is not blocked or limited to specified websites for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 stations
- 2569536 : The volume level may differ from how you previously set the volume level on a Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 station
- 2564510 : Functionality such as private USB storage, web limiting, or station blocking may stop working when you reconnect to a session on a Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 station
- 2569535 : An update rollup is available that adds support for the Arabic and Hebrew languages for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2564494 : The Close Application wizard does not display the application title correctly in MultiPoint Manager
- 2564499 : You cannot start a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) connection to an instance of Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
- 2564502 : Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 to improve support for pointing devices that use absolute coordinates
- 2530453 : Update for Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011: April 2011
- 2542222 : Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 to resolve an issue in which MultiPoint Manager may not display new station information
- 2556903 : Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 to resolve incorrect audio device issues for PS/2 stations
- 2588092 : Update for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 resolves issues in which local stations do not auto-logon, or the screen saver is slow to respond
How to obtain this updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Update Rollup 1.1 for Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows MultiPoint Server 2011.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
2555129 Update Rollup 1.0 for Windows MultiPoint Server
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.