- When you move a mailbox to Office 365 from your on-premises environment, you receive the following error message: When you view the IIS logs in the C:\Inetpub\Logs folder of the on-premises Exchange Server 2010 hybrid deployment server, you see a "405" error for the connection to the associated endpoint. The endpoints are as follows:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
<Date> <Time> 10.10.10.1 POST /EWS/mrsproxy.svc - 443 test\admin 10.10.10.12 - 405 0 1 15W
- The mailbox move endpoint is MrsProxy.svc.
- The Autodiscover endpoint is Autodiscover.svc.
- When you run the Get-federationInformation -Verbose cmdlet, you receive one of the following error messages:
- Request failed with http status 405: method not allowed
- Execution of the Get-FederationInformation cmdlet had thrown an exception. This may indicate invalid parameters in your Hybrid Configuration settings.
- Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
- When you try to set up the hybrid deployment in the Hybrid Configuration wizard, you receive the following error message:INFO:Cmdlet: Get-FederationInformation
information could not be received from the external organization
To resolve this issue, run the ServiceModelReg.exe –r command to reinstall the handler mappings in IIS. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Exchange Server 2010 hybrid server, open a Command Prompt window, and then move to the following folder:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\
- Type the following command, and then press Enter:
Note You may have to restart IIS after you run this command.
For more information, see the following Office 365 Community article:
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community or the Exchange TechNet Forums.
Article ID: 2626696 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1