After installing Service Pack 1 on a Windows 7-based computer, you may see the following text displayed on the lower right corner of the desktop:
Windows 7 Evaluation Copy build 7601
This issue can occur if you installed a Beta version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on your Windows 7-based computer.
To resolve this issue you will need to uninstall the Beta version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and then install the released version of the Service Pack.
- Click Start button, then click control panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Browse through the list and right-click Service Pack forMicrosoft Windows (kb976932)
- Click Uninstall and then click Yes when asked if you want to uninstall this update.
- Click the following link and then follow the instructions for downloading and installing the released version of the Service Pack