Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System for all regions.
This article describes a hotfix rollup that corrects several issues in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) Store Operations 2.0 and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) Headquarters 2.0. The build number of this hotfix rollup is 2.0.0161.
This hotfix rollup fixes the following issues:
- Assume that an item record has an ID value which equals the ItemID value of a matrix item's ItemClass record. When the item record is deleted, nothing is listed on the Store Tax tab of the matrix item in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager. BUG #: 1061 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you try to change the database collation in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Administrator, you receive the following error message: Method 'method' of object 'object' failed.BUG #: 1417 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- After you successfully synchronize a Terminal Offline Mode database in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operation POS, the Synchronize Offline Database dialog box displays the following message:1461 (Retail Management Systems SE) However, the Synchronize Offline Database dialog box should display the following message: BUG #:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix 2635711 is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System Service Pack 4 (SP4) installed. To verify that you have Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System Service Pack 4 (SP4) installed, follow these steps.
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, click About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that the version is Service Pack 4 (2.0.0155) or a later version.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has any one of the following programs installed.
- Headquarters Client
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Server
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer where the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, click Configuration, click the Schedule tab, and then click to select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Click OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We have not tested environments that are partially updated, and we do not support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Steps to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps.
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, click Continue.
- Select the folder where you want to extract the files, and then click OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0KB2635711.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps.
- Start any Headquarters program or any Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, click About. If the version number that is listed is 2.0.0161, the hotfix rollup is installed.