This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Lync 2010 Group Chat cumulative update that is dated November, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2561530 Posted files that have the same file name do not open correctly in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client
- 2586041 A Lync 2010 Group Chat client crashes when you start two instances at the same time
- 2613365 The font and font size of a story is incorrect in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client
- 2614273 You do not receive a toast notification and a new message indicator of a chat room in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client
- 2639835 A user cannot use the Alt Gr key to type special characters in Lync 2010 Group Chat
- 2621837 An update is available to disable the ability to add all members of a category as members of a chat room in Lync 2010 Group Chat
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcClient.msp package now.
Release Date: November, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
2500446 Description of the update for Lync 2010 Group Chat client: April 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates