The w3wp.exe process is typically located at C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe. You can also locate this process by following these steps:
- Make a TFS web request such as by connecting to TFS through Team Explorer.
- On the Team Foundation Server application tier or the Team Foundation Server proxy machine, open Task Manager, and then click the Details tab.
- Find w3wp.exe in the list of items that are running.
- Right-click w3wp.exe, and then select Open file location.
For more information about SQL Server folder exclusions, click the following article numbers to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Team Foundation Server 2013Add the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 12.0\Application Tier\Web Services\bin folder to your antivirus software’s directory exclusion list to avoid errors that may occur when the antivirus software locks files in this folder. These errors may include intermittent instances where the Team Foundation Server Application Pool crashes. The following list includes errors that you might encounter when this behavior occurs:
- The following event is added to the system’s Application log:Event ID 5002
Application pool 'Microsoft Team Foundation Server Application Pool' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.
- The following event is added to the system’s Application log before the Team Foundation Server Application Pool crashes:TF400850: The request context was not disposed by the caller
Exception Message: Cannot access a disposed object.
- The following application domain reload event occurs:The application is being shut down for the following reason: BinDirChangeOrDirectoryRename