- You install a Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essential, Windows Home Server 2011 or Windows Storage Server 2011 Essential
- You restore your server to a previous backup or perform a factory reset (headless scenario) after a successful backup
- You start the recovery process from a non-network joined client machine.
- You insert the recovery DVD on the client machine, launch setup.exe from the disc. (Note the setup.exe may also be automatically launched when the DVD is inserted)
- In the Recover your Server Wizard, Click any of the help links in the wizard.
- The wizard will crash
1. Create a folder under the server hard drive or a USB drive, e.g. d:\temp
2. Copy all the contents (The whole DVD contents) to the newly created folder, keeping the same folder structures.
3. Launch the setup.exe from the folder.
Article ID: 2639956 - Last Review: Nov 2, 2011 - Revision: 1