- The meeting contains a recurrence pattern that is available to a third-party email client, such as Lotus Notes. However, this recurrence pattern is not supported by Outlook:
- Monthly by Date: Every month on the nth day and the nth day. Outlook only supports one nth day of the month.
- Monthly by Day: Every month on the nth day of the week and the nth day of the week. Outlook only supports one nth day of the week in any month.
- Custom recurrence: Outlook does not support custom recurrence patterns that are available in some third-party email clients, such as Lotus Notes.
- The meeting contains a recurrence pattern that is defined by the RDATE property. However, the meeting does not include a corresponding RRULE property. In this case, Outlook does not open the item, even if the RDATE property specifies a supported recurrence pattern
Or, if a Lotus Notes client connects to a Lotus Domino server, the following IBM website provides information about how to manage the recurring meeting options on the Domino server:
Outlook and Exchange depend on the RRULE property to process an .ics attachment and generate the recurring meeting.
For more information about the RDATE and RRULE properties, visit the following page on The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) website:
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
For information about how to contact any of the companies that are mentioned in this article, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2643084 - Last Review: Nov 9, 2011 - Revision: 1