Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) fixes in one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) update release.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a report that has a sparkline control in a tablix in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS 2008 R2).
- You enable the Action property for the sparkline chart series.
- You view the report in Report Manager.
- This issue is more likely to occur if you have many sparkline controls in many tablixes.
- This issue does not occur if you preview the report in Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative update package 4 for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 4. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2633146 Cumulative update package 4 for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1Note Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2567616 The SQL Server 2008 R2 builds that were released after SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 was released
To work around this issue, add a rectangle item in the tablix cell, and then add the sparkline control to the rectangle. However, this workaround displaces the contents of the tablix cell.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2643340 - Last Review: Jan 6, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services