Update detailsThis update fixes extremely important issues and also helps improve security. It includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update includes the following improvements.
Improvements for all Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications
- Update installation reliability is improved.; ;
This update fixes issues that cause the installation of previous Office for Mac 2011 updates to fail in the following situations:
- When the user's home directory contains a space.
- When you deploy updates through Secure Shell (SSH).
- When you install multiple updates at the same time.
- Reliability is improved when you open IRM-protected documents.
This update fixes an issue that prevents Office applications from opening some Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected documents. ; ; ;
Improvements for Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- Stability is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to exit unexpectedly or stop responding when you open some workbooks or when you use data validation. ;
Improvements for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Password expiration notice issue is fixed.
This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook to display an incorrect password expiration notice.
- Sync efficiency is improved
This update improves sync efficiency with accounts on Microsoft Exchange servers when the permission settings are changed for a shared or delegated folder.
Previously released improvements included in this updateThis update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2011 updates since the release of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Update. For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2598783 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2011 14.1.4 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, you must install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Update before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update.
To verify the update that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.1.4 Update package now.
Release Date: December 13, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.1.4 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website: