- In Outlook Express, click Accounts on the Tools menu.
- In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add, and then click Mail.
- In the Display name box, type the name that you want other users to see when you send a message, and then click Next.
- In the E-mail address box, type the e-mail address for the account that you are using (for example, type email@example.com), and then click Next.
- In the E-mail Server Names box, click IMAP for the incoming mail server type (Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) is the default type), and then type the names of your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
NOTE: Information about your incoming and outgoing mail servers is provided by your Internet service provider (ISP). If you do not know this information, contact your ISP.
- Click Next.
- Depending on your log on type, either type your IMAP account name and password in the Account name and Password boxes, or click Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA), and then click Next.
NOTE: Contact your ISP to determine which log on type to use.
- In the Internet Mail Account Name box, type a name to identify the mail account, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to close the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- When you are prompted to download folders from the mail server, click Yes.
Article ID: 264580 - Last Review: Jan 27, 2007 - Revision: 1